Friday, February 12, 2010

Tip of the Day: How to Trick Yourself into a Good Mood

This afternoon, I was driving home with an icky mood. I was stressed over all the homework my Public Speaking teacher just assigned, and i was sighing and lamenting with a slight frown on my face as I drove. However, by the time I got home I was in a good mood--with no changed circumstances or events occuring at all. How did that happen? Here's how:



Four Ways to Trick Yourself into a Good Mood:


1. Actively Decide that Your Bad Mood is Over. Just say to yourself, I'm not having a bad day anymore, starting now. I'm in a good mood.


2. Smile. For no reason. Just do it. You may feel a little weird for doing it, but you'll start to feel better..trust me.


3. Think positively. It seems sooo simple, but most people still don't do it. Earlier I keep thinking "I hate school" and "I hate public speaking" and "I have soo much homework. When am I finally gonna be able to relax?" but then I started thinking "Its Friday. Heh. It's almost Sabbath. I can finally relax :)"


4. Sing Your Favorite Song. Singing along to one of your favorite songs seems to be one the quickest ways to snap into a good mood. So stop sulking and bobing your head to the music. Open your mouth and sing! Luckily for me, the next song to come up on my iPod was Here I Come by Fergie, which always makes me happy. Oh, and no sad songs allowed!






I hope someone finds this helpful.


Tweet it if you agree with it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails