Saw this on a few other blogs and it looked really fun. Hopefully I can get through them all in time! :)
Day Zero Project
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Start date: March 2, 2010
End date: November 26, 2012
Italicized goals are in progress.
Goals with a
1. Visit a national landmark
2. Visit a local landmark
3. Visit another country
4. Learn how to use a sewing machine
5. Learn how to cook something.
6. Learn how to do a cartwheel.
7. Learn how to drive a stick shift.
8. Get a 4.0
9. Go roller skating at school.
10. Start a knitting club
11. Go on Outreach.
12. Pray in the prayer room.
13. Watch 7 movies in Spanish. (0/7)
15. Complete a year's worth of Rosetta Stone lessons.
16. Go ice skating.
17. Go swimming.
18. Go bowling.
19. Visit a museum.
20. Complete a 250+ piece jigsaw puzzle.
21. Color a whooole coloring book. (Just 'cause I can)
22. Ride my bike 5 times. (0/5)
23. Play tennis.
24. Build a snowman with Vivin.
25. Spend Christmas and/or New Year's with Vivin.
26. See Vivin over the summer.
27. Go to the beach with Vivin.
28. Beat Vivin at a card/board game.
29. Get a sewing machine. (my aunt might give me hers, so... pending? sort of)
30. Get an Ecoist bag.
31. Get a netbook or laptop.
For My Library
33. Get "Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-shirt"
35. Complete 3 swaptree trades. (1/3)
36. Read 5 books for fun. (0/5)
37. Read the New Testament (1/27)
38. Read the Old Testament (0/39)
39. Finish "Patriarchs and Prophets"
40. Read "Prophets and Kings"
41. Visit the public library 5 times. (0/5)
42. Write a knitting pattern and get it on Ravelry.com
43. Make "sock yarn" blanket.
44. Make an ugly blanket.
45. Knit a sweater.
46. Knit a pair of socks.
47. Finally knit Howie that scarf.
48. Figure out how to/make a Canadian armband for St. Luc
49. Attend a craft fair.
50. Reach 20 sales on Etsy. (7/20)
51. Get knits sold at Oakwood's bookstore.
52. Participate in an Etsy Sneak Attack
53. Throw a modeling party.
54. Start envasion shop.
55. Take pictures that I am proud of for my Etsy shop (for ALL my items)
56. Get Moo mini cards.
57. Have 40 items listed on Etsy. (19/40)
58. Reclaim yarn from an old sweater
59. Plant a tree OR pick up litter on Earth Day.
60. Have a clothing swap party.
61. Recycle an old cell phone.
62. Take a reusable water bottle to school with me 10 times. (0/10)
63. Grow something and eat it.
64. Use cloth bags to carry an entire purchase 10 times. (1/10)
65. Start a Terracycle team.
66. Go on a mission trip.
67. Send 3 RAK packages on Ravelry.com
68. Participate in Operation Beautiful 20 times (0/20)
69. Donate blood.
70. Donate an item to Hearts for Haiti
71. Have a yard sale.
72. Clean out/organize closet
73. Clean out/organize dresser
74. Organize craft supplies
75. Re-memorize Psalm 1
76. Re-memorize Psalm 19
77. Re-memorize Isaiah 55
78. Memorize Romans 6
79. Practice piano once a week for a year (0/52)
80. Practice guitar biweekly for a year (0/26)
81. Get c-clamp for guitar.
82. Write a song.
83. Journal every day for 60 days
84. Put together a collection of poems I love.
86. Make a video tutorial and put it on Youtube.
87. reach 400 fans on Facebook. (218/400)
88. reach 3000 fans on Twitter. (1532/3000) over halfway there!
89. Reach 500 followers on this blog (84/500)
90. Sing a solo in public.
91. Floss every day for a month (0/30)
92. Exercise every week for a year. (0/52)
93. Plant sunflowers from a seed.
94. Complete Project 365
95. Write a resume.
96. Start conversations with 20 people I rarely speak to. (0/20)
97. Get a non-coffee drink from Starbucks.
99. Complete each step of the 100 push-ups program (0/8)
100. Learn 10 new words and use them often. (7/10) juxtapose, germane, serendipitous, aspersion, gumption, fruition, beguile
101. Try the one red paper clip project in at least 5 trades. Not necessarily with a paperclip.
Knowing me and how ideas usually hit me after the fact, I'm giving myself 2 weeks to edit this list however i'd like, but after that I promise not to change anything. (unless I really really REEALLY need to. lol)