1. Handmade items are...made by hand. The items I make aren't spit out by the thousands by some machine in China, I labor over them by hand usually for a few weeks before they're finished.
2. You have it your way. Try Going to Wal-mart and saying "I'd like a scarf with black and grey stripes with the stripes being about one inch wide each and the scarf length should be equal to my height. Also, I'd prefer if it was made out of machine-washable material." ....You won't leave happy.
3. Handmade items are unique. Ever bought something from JC Penney and then seen two other people wearing it that week? That is HIGHLY unlikely to happen if you buy a handmade item from me.
4. No sweat-shop guilt. My items are not made by poor children in Cambodia who get paid 30 cents a day. They're made by me!
5. Low environmental impact. My handmade items are not shipped in from Taiwan, burning fossil fuels and polluting the air. They're made right here in the United States.
"Tyler! What are all these 'handmade items' you keep babbling about?" you may ask. Well head on over to www.tylerhandmade.com and hopefully all of your questions will be answered. If you have any more, you can always ask me here :)
Happy Monday, everyone!